Air Uganda is Ugandan carrier with its hub at Entebbe International Airport. Air Uganda operates flights to over eight (8) destinations in Africa. The airline offers employment opportunities in all countries served.
The success of the company depends entirely on its highly qualified and experienced staff.
Air Uganda is an equal opportunity employer. If you are qualified and have the skills to join our dynamic team and take the airline to another level, you are encouraged to apply.
FLIGHT DISPATCHER –FD/EBB/01-Location: Entebbe.
Objective: To exercise safe and efficient operational control over Air Uganda flights in conjunction with the Pilot in Command on behalf of the Director Flight Operations.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, review, authorize, issue and revise as required the operational Flight Plan for scheduled and non scheduled flights inclusive of training and test flight operations, in keeping with Safety, Regulatory, Customer Service and Corporate fiscal requirements.
- Authorize the release of the Aircraft to operate in accordance with the terms and conditions established by the operational Flight Plan
- Analyze Operational conditions and identify any opportunities that may constrain impede or benefit operational capabilities inclusive of but not limited to weather, facilities, Air Traffic Control and aircraft performance.
- Perform operational Flight watch and for determining if changes to operational and meteorological conditions may affect the safety of flights within a prescribed area or on assigned routes and for communicating those changes to the Pilot –in-Command
- Formulate and implement revised operational Flight Plans when conditions warrant and for communicating the revised plan to the Pilot –in- Command.
- Analyze operational and meteorological conditions to evaluate and determine the safest and most efficient minimum fuel requirement
- Provide the Pilot- in –Command with a thorough and professional flight crew briefing, covering all significant information which may impact the operation of his flight.
- Solicit, interpret and maintain current flight and field condition reports to provide flight crews with the latest operational information
- Capture up-to-date flight progress information of assigned flight movements and to ensure that the flight movement s information is both current and accurate
- Perform any related duties
- Possession of a Diploma in Flight Operations from a training organization approved by CAA
- Proof of undergoing or having completed the mandatory 90 days of internship
- Possession of a Flight Dispatcher’s license/CPL would be an added advantage
- Candidates must be open minded and mature, possess sound judgment analytical skills and tenacity, have the ability to understand the role with the overall organization
Do you meet the above requirements & would like to take on new challenges, submit your application to the HR Office by 06/03/2014
NB: All local terms and conditions will apply to the successful candidates
How to Apply:
Please send your application to email@example.com.
A single application document including your cover letter, curriculum vitae, and copies of certificates, three current referees and contact details.
Please note only applications sent by mail shall be reviewed.